Welcome to DCE Alumni
Delhi College of Engineering is one of the oldest institutions in India.
It started functioning as Delhi Polytechnic in the year 1940 to cater to the
needs of the Indian Industry for trained manpower. The foundation stone for
DCE was laid by His Royal Highness, The Duke of Edinburgh K.G. on 27th January 1959.
A photograph of the foundation stone is available under `Photo Gallery' on the website. In its
glorious existence of over past 65 years, it has produced more than 25,000 engineers who have
contributed immensely to the industry both in India and abroad.